5 Recent Process Service Questions
When you call JPL Process Service LLC, there is always someone on the other end of the line ready to answer your questions or prepare your order.? In addition to these frequently asked questions, here are a few of the process service questions our customers have asked us recently.
- What happens if the person you’re serving doesn’t answer the door? There are several different ways to handle this common process service hurdle.? For instance, if they do not open the door but confirm who they are through it, that is a suitable service. The process server can leave the documents on the door, and they will still be responsible for appearing on the date. There are always options for any problem service. Feel free to call us at (866) 754-0520 or email today, and we will help you decide which way will be most effective for your specific circumstances.
- What happens if the person you’re serving rejects service or drops the documents? A person cannot reject service or deny being served.? They do not even have to take the documents in hand for service to be rejected.? As long as you use a Registered and Bonded Process Server, the service will be valid.? JPL Process Service LLC only uses the best registered and bonded process servers in California.? Due to our success at delivering, we have several contracts with the State of California itself.? They can choose any process server registered with them, but they choose us on a regular basis because of our consistent performance. If the state trusts us for their process serving needs, you can too.
- What happens after you serve the documents? Once service is effected, we send you back a proof of service. This service report tells the court which documents were served, how they were served, and the date and time they were served. Sometimes there are reports attached that go into the service details a bit more clearly.? Once you receive these proof of services back from JPL Process Service LLC, please ensure that you have them filed immediately with the court that is handling your case.? There are timelines in which the proofs need to be filed before your court date.
- What is a stakeout? A stakeout is when a server physically waits out an individual to serve legal documents on them.? It can be something as simple as waiting outside their home in the morning to more complex situations like serving a celebrity as they are getting on a plane.? JPL Process Service LLC goes to great lengths to ensure the successful delivery of your documents.
- What is a skip trace? A Skip Trace is the act of trying to find a physical address to serve legal documents on a defendant.? It can be something that happens while we are at the old address (field locate) or something as complex as going through several databases, making calls to neighbors, et.? Pricing varies on these services, based on the actual work involved in trying to locate someone but we always try to give you the lowest pricing available with the current market rates.? Feel free to call or email your questions anytime, and we can discuss your options.
If you’ve ever had a question about process service or wanted to know more about Orange County and Los Angeles process servers, call JPL Process Service LLC at (866) 754-0520.
We are always happy to take the time to explain things in clear, simple language so you can make the best decision for your specific situation.