First of all, Happy Valentine?s Day to all of our awesome clients.
Valentine?s Day falls on a Saturday this year and our office is closed, but we love what we do and can think of nothing better than serving your legal support needs!
February is also home to a couple of other court holidays, namely Lincoln?s Birthday on Thursday, February 12 and President?s Day on Monday, February 16, 2015.? All California Superior Courts are closed both of these holidays; federal courts will remain open for Lincoln?s Birthday and closed for the national President?s Day holiday.
Please keep these dates in mind and get your orders in early to ensure timely delivery of your paperwork.
In other news, the Los Angeles Superior Court recently introduced their online court reservation system (CRS) for the following courts:
- Burbank, Unlimited Civil Courtrooms, Departments A and B
- Chatsworth, Unlimited Civil Courtroom, Departments F47 and F49
- Glendale, Unlimited Civil Courtroom, Departments D and E
- Michael Antonovich Antelope Valley Courthouse, Unlimited Civil Courtroom, Departments A10 and A11
- Norwalk, Unlimited Civil Courtroom, Department C
- Santa Monica, Unlimited Civil Courtroom, Departments K, M, N, O and P
- Stanley Mosk Courthouse, Personal Injury Courtrooms, Departments 91, 92, 93 and 97
- Van Nuys, Unlimited Civil Courtrooms, Departments D, Q and T
Parties with cases assigned to one of the courtrooms above can reserve hearing dates for motions in these courtrooms using the online court reservation system.? Keep in mind, you will be charged the applicable motion filing fee and/or first paper fee at the time your reservation is made.? Fees are non-refundable.
Your filings must include the Reservation ID on the motion front page and have an attached copy of your receipt as the last page.? If not, the court will require you to pay fees again when you submit your motion over-the-counter.? Failure to comply may result in the court refusing to accept your documents.
Lastly, CT Corp. has new hours of operation.? Beginning Tuesday, February 17, 2015, the Service of Process Department for CT Corporation are 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and apply to CT Corporation and National Registered Agents in the Los Angeles office.
If you have any questions, give us a call at (866) 754-0520 and we?ll help you sort it out.