Frequently Asked QuestionsFind answers to common questions below or give us a call at (866) 754-0520.
What is process service?
United States legal procedure requires that each party in a case should be notified if actions are taken against them in a court of law. Process serving is the action of delivering those notifications and is an important aspect of the Due Process of Law.
Who can serve papers?
Originally, process service was performed by sheriffs or deputies, and agents of the court. This became a burden on law enforcement, so the legislation was changed. Now, in many states, any US citizen that is not a party to the case, over the age of 18, and residing in the state where the matter is to be tried can serve papers. All JPL Process Servers are registered and bonded California Process Servers.
What do your prices include?
We have flat rate pricing on all of our services! That means you pay NO HIDDEN FEES. We continue your assignment until it is completed or until the court date arrives. We are honest about our pricing up front, what the fees include, and always contact you beforehand in the event any extra expenses occur.
How can I contact you?
Unlike other companies, we are very easy to contact. We answer our phones, return messages quickly and answer emails in a reasonable time frame. Call our office atand we’ll be happy to answer your questions and guide you through the process.
How do I get my paperwork to you?
You can send us your assignments in one of three easy ways:
- By email at – firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax at
- By mail to: JPL Process Service | 14482 Beach Blvd., Ste. S | Westminster, CA 92683
As a member of our partner program, you’re also eligible for daily in-office pickups.
How do I pay for services?
We accept checks, money orders, credit cards and Paypal. You can make an easy payment here. Our Partner Program members pay a single invoice for successful service at the end of each month.
How long does service take?
Regular service averages 3-7 working days, and rush service is completed from within one hour to two days. Assignments originating and completed in Southern California are usually completed within 72 hours.
What happens if an address is wrong?
In the event your target’s address is incorrect, we can locate a new address for an additional fee and have a 98% success rate at doing so. We specialize in tracking down hard-to-find and dodgy defendants and guarantee to complete your delivery and update you throughout the process.
What happens if the defendant cannot be served by the due date set by the court?
If your paperwork cannot be served prior to your court date, you will unfortunately need to get the court date reset and submit a new request to our office. We know these delays can factor into the verdict of your case and encourage you to contact us immediately upon receiving your paperwork and court date to ensure timely delivery and keep your case on track.
How do I get started?
Call us, email us or fax our order form to us. We will inform you of the fee amount for your assignment, the length of time you should expect before completion and how to send the paperwork and payment details.
Qualified legal firms and professionals are eligible for our Partnership Program. If you have high-volume process service needs, call us atto see how much money we can save you on secure document delivery.Get Started Now
Partner Program Qualifications
By building an ongoing relationship, we’re better able to serve your specific needs and help you meet the increasing demands of your clients.
Our customer service and comprehensive suite of legal support and marketing services are second to none and to prove it, we’ll complete your first serve absolutely free. No obligation
Eligible Participant Groups:
- Are law firms with an upstanding reputation and a commitment to providing ethical legal services to their clients
- Are paralegals or legal assistants providing support services to law firms with upstanding reputations
- Are credit and collection agencies with an upstanding reputation and a commitment to providing ethical collection services to their clients
- Are third-party collectors providing collection services to credit and collection agencies with upstanding reputations
Partner Program Benefits
As a member of the JPL Process Service Partner Program, you will gain access to our comprehensive suite of legal support services specifically designed to help you perform your job more efficiently.
We don’t just call it a partnership, we actually provide the service and tools to become an invaluable member of your team.
As one of our preferred partner firms, you’ll enjoy special unpublished bulk rate prices that substantially reduce your costs and add value to your bottom line – the more we serve, the more you save.
Another way we help improve your bottom line is by deploying tailored solutions specifically for your custom needs. Here are a few of the ways we help our Partner Program members enjoy increased efficiency:
- A dedicated professionally registered process server is available for daily in-office pickups and at your beck and call a full 40 hours a week
- Instant electronic updates keep you informed on demand — your choice of text, email, voice message or all three
- Less wait time between placing your order and receiving proof of delivery helps increase the rate you complete work for your clients
- Automatic account creation — we’ll set up your online account for you and when it’s ready, give you a call to walk you through (or you can just watch the 1 minute virtual tour video and be ready to go)
- 24/7 online access to your account, including all of your files, forms, projects and invoices
- A single monthly invoice — save time and make one easy payment for all your successful serves that month
Our mission is to make your business better so that we can earn more of it. Saving you money and streamlining your document delivery process are the staples of our partnership, but to make a major impact on your business, we also provide a suite of Business Growth bonuses that will help you reduce your advertising costs, generate more clients and increase your profits.
Extremely professional, great sense of humor. Fees are very reasonable. If I could give more stars I would! Thank you Jeff!
They took the time to answer all my questions about of out state process serving in advance. Once I sent everything to them it was taken care of expeditiously.
JPL Process Servers went above and beyond in their attempt to help me with a service issue. Jeff educated me on what I needed to know and how I should proceed to come up with the best results. I recommend their services to all my friends and family.